Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

The Horror House

The room looks like a mess
But I couldn't care less
The t.v is beaming
Throughout the rotting ceiling
A harmless display?
A treat for the eye?
Perhaps, but be aware
For appearances lie
I looked in the draws
And witnessed old rusty saws



The room looked poor
Pieces of the ceiling covers the floor
Pieces of the wall has being tore
The bed is covered
In pieces from the wall


It smells like trash
It also smells like a man that had no shower year after year
It feels like i’m in a monster's lair
I can see a cool t.v but it dosen’t work
The roof and floor needs to be clean without a smirk
It looks like a dump area
The bed felt like someone wet the bed
“What happened?”, as I said


I can smell rat poo
I can also see a rotten shoe
I can hear rats running around
I can also hear a awful sound
I can feel something crawling up my arm
As it makes its way i feel really num


This room is dirty and also it’s awful and needs more cleaning
The floors are Beaming
and the roof is screaming
It smells like Garbage
so much carnage
need more varnish
So the wooden floors
won’t tarnish
It looks like trash that
has been smashed and clashed
When i walk in the room the room gave way
then i walked away so i could go to the cafe
instead of going the hard way

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Peh, I really enjoyed reading your poem and learning a bit more about you by reading your profile. I think that it's so interesting to learn that you are Burmese and love baseball. I love baseball as well. In fact, I used to play baseball when I was younger (I played first base). Do you play on a team? I will look forward to following your blog posts over the summer months. Hopefully you will choose to participate in the Summer Learning Journey programme and I can read more about your travels and your interests. Wishing you a happy 2016, Rachel

Leigh Murray said...

Wow, Peh! You are very good at rhyming. I loved your interpretation of a horror house. I'm impressed by your poetry skills! I wish I could write poems as well as you do.
I read in your profile that you like to make movies. What type of movies do you make? I'd love to learn more about them.
Also, being from Canada, I'm not familiar with what playing "tiggy" is. It seems fun, but could you explain it to me please? Thanks so much! Cheers, Leigh

Anonymous said...

Peh your poems are great! All the kids in my class think they're really entertaining!

jamal said...

great rhymes and i love baseball

Ryan said...

I love your poems! Great job!

Post a Comment